Personal Injury Cases in Greenville, NC
Every year, more than 90,000 people die in the United States as a result of unintentional injuries. If you have been recently injured as a result of the fault of another, contact our office to see if you have a claim for compensation for your injuries.
Personal Injury – An Overview
Personal injury claims arise out of injuries caused by the fault or negligence of someone else. Some of the most common types of personal injury or wrongful death cases arise out of automobile accidents, on the job injuries, boating accidents, slip and fall accidents, dog bites, nursing home neglect, medical malpractice, and product defects. In general, the goal of a personal injury action is to determine who was responsible and to compel the responsible party to compensate the injured person for the losses sustained. If you or someone you know has been injured by the careless actions of another, contact a personal injury attorney at our firm to find out how we can help you.
Reasons to Hire a Personal Injury Attorney
Personal injury attorneys are experienced with cases like yours and can tell you at the outset whether it would be worth your while to pursue your legal claim.
Most personal injury attorneys work on a contingency fee, which means that, if you do not recover compensation for your injury, then you will pay no attorneys’ fees.
- A knowledgeable personal injury attorney will be objective about your case and will explain all options to you so that you can make an educated decision about the resolution of your case.
- An experienced attorney will know whether your claim can be submitted to arbitration or some other form of alternative dispute resolution process.
- An experienced personal injury lawyer can often deal most effectively and expediently with opposing counsel.
- Personal injury lawyers are also used to working with insurance companies and will not be confused by their tactics or feel pressured to settle for an unsatisfactory amount.
- Personal injury attorneys work hard to reach settlements that meet their clients’ needs as early as possible.
- If a trial becomes necessary, a personal injury lawyer can zealously represent you in court.
Personal Injury, General Resource Links
CourtSystem.org is an avid supporter of the local community by making it easy for citizens of the United States to connect with representatives of their local courts and legal system.
Dog Bite Liability
This article examines dog owners’ liability, recent developments in state legislation, important court decisions, and other related issues. The website contains an article about dog bite liability from the Insurance Information Institute (III).
Fact Sheet Library
This site includes over 80 topics in four categories: healthy living and agricultural, environment and road safety. The National Safety Council (NSC) fact sheets are resources that provide suggestions, statistics, and tips to make one’s life safer.
Practical Law: Personal Injury Claims
This site contains information about personal injury claims. The website is made available, for use by the public, by the ABA Division for Public Education.
Tort Law: An Overview
Maintained by the Legal Information Institute (LII) at Cornell University Law School, this site provides information about general tort law, including discussion of intentional, negligent, and strict liability torts.
US Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC)
This website includes product recalls, product safety news and information specific to reporting unsafe products, and much more. The CPSC is tasked with protecting the general public from unreasonable risks of property damage, serious personal injury, or death from consumer products such as cribs, toys, power tools, cigarette lighters, and household chemicals that pose electrical, chemical, mechanical or fire hazard or can injure children.